It would be way too time-consuming and counterproductive to dig through every forum thread written about me to correct and clarify all the inaccurate entries. Suffice it to say they are myriad. But that doesn’t mean I’m not entirely self-indulgent. So I’ll respond to the latest thread and its inaccuracies just for the fuck of it.
1. The feds were not involved as one poster stated. This is a state initiative.
2. Law enforcement did camp out in front of the locations to take pictures of people who came and went. That is correct! I don’t know who belonged to all those phone numbers. Apparently, the employees’ phones weren’t included. Only one of my many burners was listed. And it was the line I submitted to pre trial to contact me.
3. The enterprise was not brought down by “other illicit activities.” The initial charges are promotion and conspiracy. Nothing else. There’s one damning photograph which could bring more.
4. I seriously doubt the police care about the customers. There were several people involved in the day-to-day operation of the place who skated. If the authorities missed them, why would they waste time on customers?
5. After losing everything in her 2005 bust, Julie didn’t accumulate any assets that I’m aware of. Like Ralph Kramden…easy come easy go.
6. The article is fairly accurate. My quotes were a little off and spliced together. But better than usual.
7. Dennis Hof told me that the girls get 1099’d at the end of the year and whether they actually pay taxes he has no idea (not his business). But he pays his share for sure.
8. Nobody is in deep shit who posts on the forum. But they almost all break the law when reviewing girls. Will they come after you? Not likely – unless you bank millions.
9. I had but one name on the forum and was not banned.
10. I’m upset because forum members are making incorrect assumptions and law enforcement is using their bull shit as leads. I knew people read the blog. I ran into them randomly at parties and even on a Grand Jury.
11. The federal initiative from over 5 years ago targeted a few people with me as the lead character. The fed scored $4.2 million on that deal from me alone. As far as the new state initiative goes, my understanding is that the authorities seized mid 5 figures in the process of legally searching 5 different locations. Not a huge haul for the taxpayer.
12. And finally, I don’t owe $3 million. I paid $4.2 million, fyi.
Clearly, there are as many misconceptions and inaccuracies contained in “the forum” as there are for celebrities whose personal lives get dragged through the mud in tabloids. So I took a few minutes to clarify – and convey some more information on the case. Why not?